Bridges to Baccalaureate (B2B) for CSU students
From Wolf to Ram: Welcome FRCC→CSU transfer students!
We are here to help your transition from FRCC to CSU be smooth, informed, and fun!
The B2B Team! (from left to right: Fabian, Nikki, Heather, Emily, Carolina and Mark)
This website regularly updates to list various events and programs available to you as part of the B2B program. Unless you intentionally opt-out, you are automatically enrolled in this free program. 🙂
B2B Benefits You As A CSU student:
- You’re part of a special co-hort of students who have FRCC and science interests in common
- Additional advising on navigating the new system and transitioning to being a University scholar
- Help with connecting to your department advisor, professors, research labs, and other campus resources
- Advice and help from peer mentors who have done exactly what you’re doing
- Events to help you connect to CSU socially and academically
Visit our Canvas page! (same as D2L at FRCC)
B2B’s Canvas has tons of relevant information! You should automatically see B2B on your list of Courses in Canvas, but if you don’t, please let us know.
Click HERE to go to Canvas.
Join the B2B Learning Community
B2B is interested in your long-term career success. That’s why we offer tips on a successful transition to CSU and professional development opportunities through our learning community (LC).
The B2B LC combines a 1-credit, upper division class called “Becoming a Scientist” with peer mentorship and enrollment in other shared required classes for students in our major (physics, calc, o-chem) to enhance your first semester experience at CSU.
“Becoming a Scientist” addresses things you should have thought about yesterday, such as networking, presentational skills, the value of a diverse workforce, and involvement opportunities that will really pack a punch on your resume.
If you are interested in joining the B2B LC, apply here.
It’s possible that your academic department is doing something to help you get ready to graduate at the end of this semester. BUT, as a B2B student, you have extra services at your disposal.
- Commencement info, including cap/gown, tickets, and ceremony time
- Post-college career counseling
- A double check through your Degree Audit (aka DARS) to make sure
Just email us to ask questions or schedule an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org
We enjoyed meeting you at Ram Welcome!!!
Keep scrolling to find links that will help you succeed here at CSU and meet the staff of B2B!!
Essential Student Resources (just a click away)
TILT (The Institute for Learning and Teaching)– A place that provides direct support to enhance student success, go-to place for tutoring in many subjects.
- Health Professions Advising– A place to get information on everything pre-heath, including potential career paths, MCAT prep, on-campus clubs, undergraduate planning/resources and scheduling appointments with your heath adviser. Their office is located in the TiLT building.
- Rams Against Hunger- Mobile food pantry, Pocket pantries throughout campus, Ram Food Recovery Program, Free meal plans
- CLeRC (Chemistry Learning Resource Center)– Open study space, Textbook/reference resources, Educational technology, Additional classroom/presentation space, Computer lab
Transfer Programs @CSU (Orientation and Transition Programs)– An additional resource with programs catered to the unique experience of Transfer Students
Transfer Communities/Transfer Transition Leaders– Information about joining Transfer Communities and getting in touch with your designated Transfer Transition Leader, Phone: (970) 491-6011
Ram Kids– A safe and free service that offers up to two hours of supervision so student parents can study in the Morgan Library
Adult Learner and Veteran Services Office– A place for Adult learners/Veterans alike to come to receive support, study space and camaraderie
Computer Rental/Computer Labs– Forget your laptop? You can rent one for free or work in a computer lab in various locations
- Library: http://lib.colostate.edu/laptops
- Health and Human Sciences: https://www.chhs.colostate.edu/technology/labs/laptop/
- Engineering Network Services (ENS): https://www.engr.colostate.edu/ens/tools/borrowequipment/
- Computer Rental/Lab Location list: http://www.acns.colostate.edu/Labs
Printing Labs (Free)– Need to print a paper or material for class?
- Psychology: http://psychology.colostate.edu/students/c80sch.shtml
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology: http://www.bmb.colostate.edu/undergraduates/computer-lab/
- Engineering: http://www.engr.colostate.edu/ens/info/classrooms/facilities/
- Adult Learner and Veteran Services (ALVS) Office: http://alvs.colostate.edu/
- http://pts.colostate.edu/students/parking/Parking/Permits– If you need to drive to campus, here’s where to park your car, how and other transportation options!
Your B2B Peeps:
When in doubt, come to Clark C67 to find out!
B2B Peer Mentors
B2B peer mentors are current CSU students who have “been there.” They know what it feels like to transfer from community college to CSU and can answer any questions you may have!
Izzie Smith :Hi! My name is Izzie and I’m a new peer mentor for B2B! I transferred to CSU from the FRCC Larimer campus in the fall of 2019. I am a pre-health focused Biology major who’s goal is to attend Physician Assistant school. I was in the Learning Community this past fall and was so thankful for all of the help and support I received from B2B that I decided to apply to be a peer mentor 🙂 As a nontraditional student I understand how hard it can be to navigate university at first, I’m always here to help or lend an ear. If you’re unable to attend my office hours, just shoot me an email and we can schedule another time!
Emily Kramer: Hi, my name is Emily and I’m a peer mentor with B2B. I started at FRCC in 2016 and at CSU in 2018. My major is neuroscience and my dream is to go to graduate school to research how the human-animal relationship effects both parties neurologically. Thanks to B2B I have gotten tons of experience in research labs around campus. I am so thankful for the B2B community because after going to school at 5 different campuses I finally feel like I have a place where I can be comfortable being myself and where I know I can ask questions, no matter how silly. As a peer mentor, I hope to pass on this sense of community and my knowledge of becoming active in research. Encouraging diversity in science is extremely important and I’m so excited to be a part of this magnificent group!
Office Hours: Mondays or Wednesdays from 11am-1pm in the BSB.
Nikki Flint: Hello! My name is Nikki and I’m a Food Science and Human Nutrition major. I transferred to CSU in the fall of 2018 from the Larimer county campus. B2B is an awesome support system to have on campus and has helped me navigate any issues I’ve encountered in the last year. Feel free to contact me or meet with me during my office hours if you need any support! You can find more info on the B2B canvas page.
Office Hours: Tuesdays from 12pm – 1pm
Mark Leisz: Greetings! My name is Mark. I transferred to CSU in 2018 from the Front Range Boulder County Campus. B2B has become home for me here at CSU. My major is computer science and I plan on pursuing a career in cybersecurity and software development after graduation. If you have any questions on how to navigate academic resources, CSU or anything else feel free to contact me!
Office Hours: Wednesdays from 11:30am to 12:30pm in the Morgan Library Room 114
Hello everyone. My name is Nicholas. I am a Psychology major with an emphasis on clinical counseling; more specifically, seek my masters in family/ marriage counseling and PTSD. I transferred here in the spring of 2019 and just finished my first and last summer semester here. The B2B has made such an impact for me in my college life here at CSU. The opportunities and doors it has opened are amazing. I am currently working for two research programs and a TA for the learning community as well. If you have any questions or need help in classes, email me anytime, even if it’s to sit, chat, and relax.
Office Hours: Monday & Wednesdays 1pm-8PM or by appointment
Bridges to Baccalaureate is here to help make CSU feel like home. We’re glad to be a part of your RAMily!!